♥ ♥ ♥

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thoughts: Insecurities

Recently, 
I think I've learnt to come to terms with myself.
Because, whether I like it or not,
This is the me that I am going to have to live with.
I can't change my past,
Nor can I change the nature of things.
But one thing that I can have a foothold of,
Is my future.
Whether or not I choose to be happy, or sad,
The results of it all, lies with me.
Of course, with all that being said,
Acceptance of oneself is still a difficult task.
But when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
I mean, I still feel negative at times --- definitely.
But I think that sometimes all we have to do is to get to the root of the problem and ask ourselves, "why?".
E.g. Why do I feel insecure?
Often times, you'll find the answers very superficial.
And you are definitely way more than that.
You deserve better.
And you've got to know, and accept that,
You are not perfect.
But no one else is.
So why should you be feeling the way you are?
Who do you have to impress?
If the people you are trying to impress don't see it, then perhaps they weren't meant to be the beholders of your beauty.
Because those who can't accept you at your worst, definitely don't deserve you at your best.
When you are finally able to put down all these emotional baggage,
You'll find that you are able to take on the world with lighter footsteps and really just enjoy the view while you can.
Because, who knows?
Maybe for the second you waste to be self-conscious,
A beautiful moment in time may have just passed you by.

No comments:

Post a Comment